Saturday, January 21, 2017

Advertising and Marketing Products and Services on Web Radio

radio advertising

The world of technology is changing so fast. Radio technology has not been left behind to what it was several decades ago when all communication was transmitted via airwaves. Today, people can easily listen to their favorite radio station by streaming over the internet. The popularity of web radio is one which has been rapidly rising because it offers listeners more control and selection of the content that they what.

However, I have a small e-commerce store which usually sells general merchandise. My peak sales season is usually during summers. With that said, I usually ensure that by summer I have enough order in store to cater for the needs of the clients. Over the years, the growth of my business has been stagnating which has always raised concerned about the future of the business.

Nonetheless, I've always ensured that I embrace the best marketing strategies. For years I've been advertising online, on TV and also through the radio. The costs of advertising have been quiet and they usually eat much of the gross income. But there is no better way to attract potential customers like through advertising.

There is Massive Opportunity to Advertise on Internet Radio

Last summer was different. First, I decided to try advertising on online radio. Nonetheless, I wanted to try a new experience and see how it goes. I researched online for the best web radio stations to advertise on. I decided to try Pandora. It was a huge surprise for me.

Foremost, one thing that I realized while advertising on radio was the fact that the adverts are well targeted according to the various tastes and preferences of online listeners. It is a big plus because I able to find the right audience to market my products to. Finding the right target was easier. Once I did that, I was able to market to the audience economically, because they were the right buyers. This made marketing more affordable.

On the other hand, in contrast with advertising on traditional radio, web radio was quiet cheaper. I had my advertising costs reduced by almost have which meant better health and profitability. I could attribute this to the fact that web radios don't necessarily have to employ many people. Also no costly equipment are used hence making the costs quiet low.

That summer and also the following seasons, I ensured that I continued marketing on web radio. This has seen my business grow exponentially since then. I've been having massive sales throughout the years since then.

Education to Create Your Music and Marketing Strategy

However, there are some things that you need to know before you start marketing on web radio. First you need to know about the taste of your audience before you zero them in with your products. Their taste of music and the age is important. For instance, you can't just market an anti-aging cream to millennials. Your audience is the most important element of marketing on online radios.  A proper understanding of them enables you to tailor-make your ad and also to choose the best products or service to market to them.

You will also need to plan ahead appropriately. You need to know when it is the best time for your ads to be live. Most youth may for instance listen to music in the afternoons and in the evening. This is the best time to market products which target them.

Know When to Pre-sell

Also advertising when a new playlist or featured releases are live can mean a difference in your marketing strategy. This is the best time because there will be many listeners and your ad will reach a large population. The large the audience which gets your message, the more probable that you will make better sales.

It is also good that you always tweak your ads. This makes them different from each other and thus less likelihood that they will be boring. The most important thing however is to sell you brand. By letting the listeners get much acquainted with your brand makes it easier for them to identify themselves with it. This is an advantage because they might decide to purchase something from you even though you never advertised it.

It is always good to tweak you ads from time to time to make them less boring. Try to make them attractive according to the age demographic of your target audience.


Source: Advertising and Marketing Products and Services on Web Radio

No comments:

Post a Comment